As you all know, Prof. Subra Suresh was appointed president of Nanyang Technological University in July last year and began his tenure January 1st this year.
Professor Suresh has a long and distinguished career in academia, industry and government, mainly from the US. He was the ninth President of Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) from 2013 to 2017, and before that served as Director of the US National Science Foundation (NSF) from 2010 to 2013, and Dean of the School of Engineering from 2007 to 2010 at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where he was a faculty member for two decades.
Prof. Suresh will be a very central person in the academic and technology landscape in Singapore in the years to come, and I am sure all of us in the S&TDC are looking forward to meet with him in person and hear his thoughts and visions on the role of NTU in the science and technology progress of Singapore.
- 02:45 - 03:00 PM
- Gathering in the lobby of the NTU Administration Building
- Introduction to NTU Campus Model by Ms Jenny Hallen Hedberg, Director, Office of International Affairs
- 03:00 - 04:00 PM
- Proceed to meeting room and exchange of business cards with Prof. Suresh
- Greetings by S&TDC co-chairs
- Presentation from President Suresh on his visions and outlook for NTU under his directions
- Questions and answers
- 04:00 - 05:00 PM
Guided Tour of NTU and Lab visit
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue